Creating a World Class 10 bedded Covid ICU at AIIMS, Bibinagar, Hyderabad
Global Healthcare Foundation is extremely glad to announce the launch of 10 state of the art ICU beds at the new AIIMS-Bibinagar, Hyderabad. This initiative is a big step forward in providing highly subsidized and near free critical and emergency care to the less privileged in the Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district of the Indian state of Telangana. It can cater to the surrounding rural areas which have a population of around 200,000 people.
The ICU unit was formally inaugurated in Oct 2021. These beds include high-end medical equipments such as ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, ultrasound scanners, 2D echo machines, dialysis machines and RO units. We are proud to inform that this is the first time an ICU in the country has the HVAC system with 100% hepa filtered fresh air, ensuring zero chance for contracting infection at the hospital.
The successful installation and launch of the ICU bed project was achieved with the help of Good Health Planet, in partnership with with Dr Satya Garimella, Uday Kumar and Krishna Kottapalli, from the CPR Team.
A few glimpses from our journey to the completion of the ICU project
On August 24th 2021, Krishna Kottapalli visited the AIIMS campus to meet with their leadership and staff and to reiterate commitment from both sides to this project and a speedy completion. Dr. Vikas Bhatia (Director at AIIMS) and his leadership team talked about their difficult journey over the last 2 years and robust plans for the next few years. Their goal indeed is to create a thriving community in Bibinagar while keeping the mission of delivering equitable healthcare
We were given the honour of planting a sapling in AIIMS Vatika, a green campus theme park in the sprawling 220-acre campus. We named the plant “Karuna” which stands for compassion. The visit provided us with a deep sense of appreciation and enthusiasm that our contributions are making a significant difference to AIIMS for years to come.
Glimpses from other Projects by Global Healthcare Foundation
- Supported an Ambulance project in village of Uli (near Managalore, Karnataka) to help the local people get access to urgent medical care. The project has already saved a few lives.
- The future of the humankind lies in the power of our technological innovations. The young and sharp minds around us always have a lot to offer to solve the most pressing problems we face. We organized a Covid Hackathon among younger students in New Jersey for generating technology ideas to combat Covid.
- We at GHF firmly believe that all children deserve a quality education and that financial barriers should never stop a child from achieving his dreams. We organized School supplies to students from rural areas of Nepal for enhancing their primary school education experience.
- A state-of-the-art Renal Research Lab is soon to be set up near Mumbai to focus on clinical research for enhancing the longevity of renal patients.
- We are building a facility to house Cancer Patients who get treatment from Mumbai’s Tata memorial Hospital.
- Facilities for Urgent Medical Care to be set up in Uli Village, Mangalore.
- Urgent Care ICU facility to be set up in Kanakapura, Bangalore
- We are also working on projects to help the functioning and improve the facilities of Orphanages in Hyderabad.